Monday, April 16, 2012

Tokyu Hands













Hello there,
Here's another bit of an update!
Yesterday, I popped in to Tokyu Hands in Shibuya, and on the 1st floor, i witnessed something that would only occur in my dreams. Perhaps it was the whimsical agendas lined up against the wall, or even the japanese chatter amongst everyone- but what really made the day was being able to see the masking tape market. It was far too wonderful for words~ every tape you could ever imagine, all in one place! I left tokyu hands with merely two rolls of tape, but it was such an experience to even be there.
There was even a little spot called a "hint pit" where tons of Mt was available for testing. Little pieces of paper were set out on the table, and you could create any design you would like. Plus, there was no limit to how many you could make! With all of the supplies in the store, i'm sure a magnificent card would be created! I didn't have much time, so I wasn't able to make anything there, but hopefully next time I visit tokyo!
Some advice: when checking out of tokyu hands, little themed gift bags are available for free. Just ask and the kind salesclerk will give you as many as you would like. When I asked for two, he told me it wasn't enough if I was to wrap many presents! I gladly accepted all of the kawaii paper bags and bowed while I walked away. How nice everyone is here!

xxbeebee

6 comments:

  1. WOW! Thank you so much for sharing. I'm going to Japan in May and I would love to know your top tips when you've finished the trip - your highlights etc! Thanks so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gahhhhhh...all that tape!!...like dying and going to heaven. I'd probably have to be dragged out of that store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. if i see this, i will die(♥♥♥) on my spot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my god, is this for real? Does there really exit a masking tape market?? I'm a tapeaholic!! I cannot resist buying any happy tape i see!! By the way, love your blog and you creative tape-ideas very much!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much tape!! I think I would spend days in there!

    ReplyDelete